Hello Maptime Detroit
- Council of
(it's a planning organization)
(and a membership organization)
(in case you want to get around without a motor)
Green Infrastructure Vision
- accessibility != mobility
- using a regional transit network!
- kicks off later this year
what to do with all this data?
- analysis (tedious but necessary)
- visualization (interactive and exciting!)
using several programming languages:
- python (easy & pretty!)
- html+css (just as easy, not as pretty!)
SEMCOG's vector datasets
- regional (7 counties)
- land use
- varying quality
- first year 1949
- every few years afterwards
here's 3 other cool map-related things!
(possibly crazy) proposals!
network?! Let's do it.
Q: Can we use historical aerials to fill in a detailed structure history? (along with other sources)
A: I think so!
Thanks to you for coming, and to Alex, CDAD, & all the presenters for making Maptime
questions, comments, map geekery?
find me at
- twitter: @jr_m_